Hhi Trucking is a reputable transportation company dedicated to delivering exceptional service while transporting goods across [mention geographical areas or regions]. We are seeking experienced and reliable Truck Drivers to join our team.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
7 months to less than 1 year
- Safe Operation: Operate and drive various types of trucks to transport goods and materials over long distances while adhering to safety regulations and traffic laws.
- Cargo Management: Load and unload goods, secure cargo properly, and perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure cargo integrity and compliance with transportation guidelines.
- Route Planning: Plan routes using GPS or maps, considering traffic and weather conditions, and effectively managing delivery schedules to meet deadlines.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate driving logs, records of cargo, fuel consumption, and other required documentation.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Perform routine truck maintenance, such as checking oil, fluids, and tire pressure, and report any mechanical issues promptly.
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) with a clean driving record; additional endorsements or certifications for specialized cargo may be required.
- Proven experience as a Truck Driver, demonstrating safe driving skills and adherence to transportation regulations.
- Physical stamina and strength for loading and unloading cargo and ability to spend long hours on the road.
- Good communication skills and familiarity with GPS devices and electronic logging systems.
- Commitment to safety, reliability, and punctuality.
- Competitive pay based on experience and miles driven.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance options.
- Retirement savings plan and paid time off.
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement within the company.
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Air Brakes Endorsement
- Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks)
- Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
Experience and specialization
- Driver logbook
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
Type of trucking and equipment
Communication systems experience
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
778-347-9778 Between 09:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m.
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Truck driver:
1. What does a Truck Driver do?
Truck Drivers operate heavy trucks to transport goods and materials over long distances, delivering cargo safely and on time.
2. What skills are essential for a Truck Driver?
Key skills include excellent driving abilities, attention to safety regulations, time management, navigation skills, physical stamina, and effective communication.
3. What qualifications are required to become a Truck Driver?
Generally, a commercial driver’s license (CDL) is required. Completion of a professional truck driving course or apprenticeship and a clean driving record are often necessary.
4. What are the typical duties of a Truck Driver?
Duties may include inspecting vehicles, loading and unloading goods, planning routes, ensuring cargo security, and maintaining accurate driving logs.
5. Do Truck Drivers specialize in specific types of driving?
Truck Drivers may specialize in various types of driving, including long-haul transport, regional or local deliveries, refrigerated goods, hazardous materials, or specialty cargo.
6. What challenges do Truck Drivers face in their role?
Challenges may include long hours on the road, navigating through varying weather conditions, meeting strict delivery schedules, and managing fatigue.
7. Are there opportunities for career advancement as a Truck Driver?
Experienced Truck Drivers may advance to roles such as lead drivers, fleet supervisors, transportation managers, or even transition to logistics or dispatching roles.
8. How can someone excel as a Truck Driver?
Successful Truck Drivers demonstrate a commitment to safety, professionalism, good customer service, adaptability, and staying updated on industry regulations and best practices.
9. What impact do Truck Drivers have on the economy?
Truck Drivers play a vital role in ensuring the timely delivery of goods, contributing to economic growth by facilitating commerce and trade across regions.
10. Is there demand for Truck Drivers in the job market?
Yes, there is consistent demand for qualified Truck Drivers, offering stable job prospects and opportunities across various industries in the transportation sector.