20 Lines Ltd is a reputable transportation company committed to maintaining a fleet of safe and efficient trucks. We are seeking a skilled and experienced Truck Mechanic to join our maintenance team and ensure the reliability and performance of our vehicles.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Vehicle Inspections: Conduct routine inspections and diagnostic tests on trucks to identify mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic issues.
- Repair and Maintenance: Perform repairs, maintenance, and adjustments on engines, transmissions, brakes, and other truck systems to ensure optimal performance and safety.
- Troubleshooting: Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical problems using diagnostic tools and equipment, and provide effective solutions for repairs.
- Part Replacement: Replace or repair defective parts, components, or systems, ensuring compliance with manufacturer specifications and safety standards.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate records of repairs, services performed, and parts used, and update maintenance logs.
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of a vocational program in diesel mechanics or related field preferred.
- Proven experience (X years) working as a Truck Mechanic, demonstrating proficiency in diesel engine repair and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of truck systems, including engines, transmissions, brakes, and hydraulics.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic tools, hand tools, and specialized equipment.
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, and adhere to safety protocols.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance options for full-time employees.
- Retirement savings plan and paid time off.
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development within the transportation industry.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems
- Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components
- Repair or replace mechanical units or components
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s specifications
- Perform scheduled maintenance service
- Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Truck mechanic:
1. What does a Truck Mechanic do?
Truck Mechanics, also known as Diesel Technicians, repair and maintain trucks, including diagnosing issues, performing routine maintenance, and repairing mechanical or electrical problems.
2. What skills are essential for a Truck Mechanic?
Key skills include knowledge of diesel engines, electrical systems, diagnostics, problem-solving abilities, proficiency in using tools and equipment, and strong attention to detail.
3. What qualifications are required to become a Truck Mechanic?
Typically, a high school diploma or equivalent is required. Completing a vocational program in diesel technology or a related field is beneficial, and some employers may prefer certifications.
4. What are the typical duties of a Truck Mechanic?
Duties may include conducting inspections, performing routine maintenance like oil changes and brake repairs, diagnosing engine issues, and repairing or replacing faulty parts.
5. Do Truck Mechanics specialize in specific types of trucks?
Some Mechanics specialize in specific types of trucks, such as semi-trucks, heavy-duty trucks, or specialized commercial vehicles, depending on their expertise and training.
6. What challenges do Truck Mechanics face in their role?
Challenges may include working in physically demanding environments, handling heavy tools and equipment, and staying updated with rapidly advancing truck technology.
7. Are there opportunities for career growth as a Truck Mechanic?
Experienced Truck Mechanics may advance to supervisory roles, specialize in certain truck systems, or pursue additional certifications for career advancement.
8. How can someone excel as a Truck Mechanic?
Successful Truck Mechanics possess strong problem-solving skills, a keen eye for detail, a commitment to safety protocols, and a willingness to continuously learn and adapt to new technologies.
9. What impact do Truck Mechanics have on the transportation industry?
Truck Mechanics ensure trucks are safe and reliable for transportation, contributing significantly to the efficiency and safety of goods being transported across various industries.
10. Is there demand for Truck Mechanics in the automotive industry?
Yes, there is a consistent demand for skilled Truck Mechanics in transportation companies, truck dealerships, repair shops, and fleet maintenance, offering opportunities for career growth and specialization.