1032455 B.C. Ltd is a reputable hotel dedicated to providing exceptional guest experiences. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Front Desk Manager to lead our front office team and ensure the smooth operation of our hotel’s reception area.
- Bachelor’s degree
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
The employer stated that this is a green job because the position:
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Requires specialized environmental skills or knowledge
Work site environment
- Front Desk Operations: Oversee all aspects of front desk operations, including guest check-in/out, reservations, and handling guest inquiries and concerns.
- Staff Management: Recruit, train, supervise, and schedule front desk staff, ensuring excellent customer service and adherence to hotel standards.
- Guest Services: Ensure guests receive a warm welcome, resolve issues promptly, and maintain a high level of guest satisfaction throughout their stay.
- Financial Management: Manage cashiering activities, monitor room rates and availability, and assist in maximizing revenue through upselling and rate management.
- Administration: Maintain accurate records, prepare reports, manage room inventory, and ensure compliance with hotel policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration, or related field; relevant work experience may substitute for formal education.
- Proven experience (X years) in hotel front office operations, with at least (X years) in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to lead and motivate a diverse team.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in hotel management software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance options for full-time employees.
- Retirement savings plan and paid time off.
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development within the hospitality industry.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for daily operations
- Supervise staff
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities
- Perform front desk duties
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Establish work schedules
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Word
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Windows
Security and safety
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Overtime required
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
- Copy of latest school transcript
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Hotel front desk manager:
1. What does a Hotel Front Desk Manager do?
Hotel Front Desk Managers oversee front desk operations, manage staff, handle guest inquiries, ensure check-in/out processes run smoothly, and maintain guest satisfaction.
2. What skills are essential for a Hotel Front Desk Manager?
Key skills include leadership, excellent communication, problem-solving, customer service, knowledge of hotel operations, and the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
3. What qualifications are required to become a Hotel Front Desk Manager?
Typically, a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or a related field and relevant work experience in hotel operations and guest services are required.
4. What are the typical duties of a Hotel Front Desk Manager?
Duties may include overseeing reservations, managing guest check-ins/outs, handling guest inquiries or complaints, training staff, and ensuring adherence to hotel policies and standards.
5. Do Hotel Front Desk Managers work specific shifts?
Front Desk Managers may work varying shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays, to ensure 24/7 coverage at the front desk.
6. What challenges do Hotel Front Desk Managers face in their role?
Challenges may include managing a diverse team, handling peak check-in/out periods, resolving guest issues, and maintaining high standards of service during busy periods.
7. Are there opportunities for career advancement as a Hotel Front Desk Manager?
Experienced Front Desk Managers may progress to higher managerial roles within the hotel industry, such as Rooms Division Manager or Hotel General Manager.
8. How can someone excel as a Hotel Front Desk Manager?
Successful Front Desk Managers demonstrate strong leadership, excellent organizational skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure, and a commitment to providing outstanding guest experiences.
9. What impact do Hotel Front Desk Managers have on guest satisfaction?
Front Desk Managers play a crucial role in ensuring a positive first impression, efficient check-in/out processes, and addressing guest needs promptly, contributing significantly to overall guest satisfaction.
10. Is there demand for Hotel Front Desk Managers in the hospitality industry?
Yes, there is a consistent demand for skilled Hotel Front Desk Managers in hotels, resorts, and other lodging establishments, offering opportunities for career growth and development in the industry.