Sunny Shutter Inc is a leading [industry type] company committed to delivering high-quality products/services. We are seeking an experienced and strategic-minded Purchasing Manager to join our team and oversee our procurement processes.
1 year to less than 2 years
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre
- Data processing and computers
- Communications establishment
- Procurement Strategy: Develop and implement strategic procurement plans aligned with organizational objectives, ensuring cost-effective and timely acquisition of goods and services.
- Vendor Management: Identify, evaluate, and negotiate with suppliers, maintaining strong vendor relationships, monitoring supplier performance, and managing contracts and terms.
- Supply Chain Optimization: Analyze market trends, manage inventory levels, and identify opportunities for cost savings, efficiency improvements, and risk mitigation within the supply chain.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a team of purchasing professionals, ensuring their effectiveness in executing procurement strategies and achieving departmental goals.
- Compliance and Reporting: Ensure compliance with regulations, maintain accurate records, prepare reports on procurement activities, and present findings to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field; additional certifications (e.g., CSCP, CPSM) are advantageous.
- Proven experience (X years) in a purchasing or procurement role, with a successful track record in strategic sourcing, negotiation, and supplier management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions and assess market trends effectively.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities, with a focus on fostering teamwork and collaboration within the procurement department.
- Competitive salary based on experience and performance.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance options for full-time employees.
- Retirement savings plan and paid time off.
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development within the organization.
- Plan and control budget and expenditures
- Hire, train, direct and motivate staff
- Plan, develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures
- Assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs
- Oversee the evaluation of the cost and quality of goods or services
- Authorize the development of specifications for products or services
- Manage contracts
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Oversee the analysis of data and information
- Oversee the preparation of reports
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials or business services
- Plan and manage budgets
- Manage Event Logistics
- Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Lead sales team in building relationships with business clients and manage negotiations of sales contracts
- Assist with the planning and development of travelling exhibitions and special events
Experience and specialization
Area of work experience
- Excellent oral communication
Long term benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Parking available
- Variable or compressed work week
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Purchasing manager:
1. What does a Purchasing Manager do?
Purchasing Managers oversee the procurement process, negotiate with suppliers, manage vendor relationships, and ensure efficient acquisition of goods or services required by the organization.
2. What skills are essential for a Purchasing Manager?
Key skills include strong negotiation abilities, analytical thinking, supply chain management, vendor management, financial acumen, and excellent communication skills.
3. What qualifications are required to become a Purchasing Manager?
Typically, a bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, or a related field is required. Relevant work experience in procurement or purchasing roles is highly valued.
4. What are the primary responsibilities of a Purchasing Manager?
Responsibilities may include developing procurement strategies, analyzing market trends, assessing supplier capabilities, negotiating contracts, and managing inventory levels.
5. How does a Purchasing Manager contribute to cost savings within an organization?
Purchasing Managers negotiate favorable terms, seek cost-effective suppliers, implement efficient purchasing practices, and leverage economies of scale to minimize costs.
6. Are Purchasing Managers responsible for managing relationships with suppliers?
Yes, they establish and maintain relationships with vendors, ensuring timely deliveries, quality control, resolving disputes, and negotiating favorable terms and conditions.
7. What challenges do Purchasing Managers face in their role?
Challenges may include navigating market fluctuations, ensuring compliance with regulations, managing inventory levels, and adapting to changing supply chain dynamics.
8. Are there opportunities for career growth as a Purchasing Manager?
Experienced Purchasing Managers may advance to senior management roles, specialize in specific industries, or transition to strategic procurement consultancy positions.
9. How can someone excel as a Purchasing Manager?
Successful Purchasing Managers demonstrate strategic thinking, attention to detail, adaptability to market changes, strong leadership, and a customer-focused approach.
10. Is there demand for Purchasing Managers across industries?
Yes, Purchasing Managers are in demand across various sectors such as manufacturing, retail, healthcare, and logistics, offering diverse opportunities for employment and growth.